Smart Camper’s Voice: Activities and Games
Camping can be lots of fun. It’s the best opportunity to get back into hobbies we loved but forgot. When you are camping, there aren’t distractions such as television or computers, so it can be a great time for leisure and games that are entertaining and promote cooperation and family bonding Sleeping outdoors and getting away from the craziness of daily life can be refreshing. It can be a great time to try new activities.
Here are some suggestions of things to do while camping – games and activities that you never do at home.
Test Your Survival Skills
- Tie special knots
- Make a fire
- Set up an obstacle course
Part of the joy of camping is being close to nature. Chill out, explore the great outdoors, and dare to do something different.
- Animal watching
- Leaf collecting
- Having a scavenger hunt
- Collecting firewood
- Finding the perfect walking stick
- Nature gathering (shells, fossils, pine cones, rocks, flowers, etc.)
The darkness can be more thrilling out in the woods or at the beach without all the lights and noises of the city. Here are some ideas.
- Study the constellations
- Go for a nighttime walk
- Play hide and seek in the dark
- Shoot off fireworks
- There are plenty of card games that are perfect for camping. Cards are easy to pack and can be slipped into backpacks for easy access. You can play dozens of games with a deck of normal cards, but there are limitless games to play with it like Uno, Old Maid, or Rook.
- Board games can also be fun to play while camping.
- Games like charades are ideal because you don’t have to bring anything with you to play them.
- Bring paper and a pencil. Then you can play Battleship, Hangman, Tic-Tac-Toe, and Dots.
Need some advice to buy a tent?
Contact the experts!
Our vision is to be the premier tent and outdoor products resource in the industry by offering exceptional quality, trusted advice, and unparalleled customer service at competitive pricing for our customers that will create for them safe shelter, wonderful outdoor events, and a lifetime of great memories.