Our tents have a 3-way zippered canvas door & screen door. Yes, we know it presents a tripping hazard, but the 'pros' definitely outweigh that 'con'.
1. You can secure your tent with a lock (all zipper pulls meet together)
2. You can seal the tent on a deck or ground with a tent floor (less bugs-do I hear an amen!)
3. When raining you can seal the front from water
4. No flapping door all night in the wind
5. The kids can't crawl under and out (hahaha)
As you can see, so many advantages to the 3 way zipper, prepare all who use your tent to step over the threshold!